For the second year, I'm watching the super bowl solo. I actually claimed a non-existent hangover in order to break plans to go to an old friend's for the game. Sometimes what sounds like a great idea friday isn't so much by sunday afternoon.
I don't claim complete laziness for this weekend. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours on the roof with a rake and broom cleaning off 2-3 years of leaves that had composted into a nice soil. There were a few nice pecan tree sprouts up there.
For Will's birthday last night we went out to some restaurant by the lake. They had yummy catfish and a very pissy girl taking orders. I came home right after since I didn't really have the energy for a full night out.
This afternoon was spent watching Perfume, a rather odd movie about a serial killing perfumer in 18th century France. Directed by Tom Tykwer (Run Lola Run) from a novel by German author Patrick Suskind, it was a strange movie. The protagonist was very hard to have any sympathy (or empathy, whichever) for. But definitely an engrossing film to watch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
for someone who hates football, my behavior has been pretty odd. i don't think i've missed very many over the past some-many-lots years. this one went by fast, but i had irl eye candy too.
also, DANG! FANNIES!
Post a Comment