Looking back at the past couple of posts on here, it seems I skipped the month of November in its entirety. I'd like to say that it was because I was too busy to be bothered but mostly it was because I was too boring to even post about how bored I was.
November's main event was my 35th birthday. Not that I put much stock in birthdays but 35 seems fairly notable as far as that goes. In keeping with my general belief in prolonged adolescence, I turned 35 at a house party watching Blake Schwarzenbach's new band and rang it in at midnight by shotgunning a beer with Stacey P. It seemed fitting. It was also hella-fun.
That having been said, age and getting old have been weighing on me more and more. My body aches. My friends get serious health scares. My beard is turning whiter by the day. I don't feel all that old. I still do stupid things (as if that was the exclusive province of the young.) I guess I'm just more responsible in my stupidness.

1 comment:
I know exactly how you feel, my friend.
Post a Comment